Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Facebook or Not To Facebook

The main reason I decided to make one was because my cousins had one and I was missing out on family updates. I thought it was a great contrast to Myspace, some features like personalizing my page was missed but it wasn't that big of a deal. The same dangers were/are there, as with any social networking site. People have to be careful when they posts things because it is obviously out there for anyone to see. Before this article though, I had never really thought of why there weren't more precautions and safety settings and to read that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't really care about it is sort of eye opening but not surprising. We aren't humans to him, merely users, but still shouldn't he want to accommodate the users as much as possible?

2 comments:

  1. I like how you compared myspace to facebook? What will be the next facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the next Facebook will be Tumblr. Incase you were wondering what Tumblr is, it is a site where you can upload photos, reblog (which is using other people's uploaded photos or blogs), and blog. I have one and it is just a great escape from Facebook because there are about 5 people I know that are following me so posting personal blogs is not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete