Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

This is my third time reading Hamlet, I read a "child-friendly" version as a fourth grader and the actual play as a sixth grader. Comparing the two, it is interesting to see how the "child-friendly" version actually has helped understand what is happening. Obviously, I didn't quite comprehend the play with as much depth as I do now but reading it then was not in vain. In order to fully grasp the play's intensity it is advised to read it more than once because you can always find details you overlooked the first couple times. I never thought Hamlet was "mad" merely depressed. His actions, although quite questionable, seem rational in the sense that he is seeking revenge. In the end he gets what he wants, blood, but perhaps its too much blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment